What is affiliate marketing?
The affiliate marketing is a method of generating income online via a website or blog recommending other people’s products or companies.
Step by step Guide for Beginners to start Affiliate Marketing:
- You have a blog or a web page where you talk about a specific topic, and you want to generate income with it.
- Search CPI affiliate marketing programs with products related to your theme.
- You register in one or more of these programs, where they provide you with a unique link that you must use to place on your web page or blog.
- You place your CPI affiliate marketing link on your page or blog (banners in the columns of your website, or links with text in an article where you recommend that product).
- Visitors come to your page and, when they click on your CPI affiliate marketing link, redirect them to the seller’s website.
- If a visitor, after clicking on your link, sees the seller’s page and makes a purchase, the seller will receive a notification and will assign a commission of the total of that purchase.
- At all times you can enter the seller’s page and see a report of the people who have clicked on your link, and how many have made a purchase.
- At the end of the month, the seller will count the purchases made with your link, and pay you commissions for those sales.
What do you need to do affiliate marketing?
After reading the basic concepts of this method to make money online, you are probably wondering what things you need to get it going.
- First, you must have a web page or an updated blog in which, in some way, you can recommend those affiliate products by placing your link.
- If you have a static web page (where you do not upload new content frequently), you can place ads on the sidebars with your links.
- In a blog you can create a specific article talking about the product you recommend, and placing your affiliate link there for your readers to buy.
But remember: your opinion must be honest or you will lose credibility in front of your audience.
How to find affiliate programs
If you already have all the requirements of the previous section, it’s time to search for affiliate programs at Affiliate Network to place a link on your page or blog and start generating revenue.
I remind you again that it is not worth promoting any type of product. This is very important and it is mandatory that you keep it in mind if you want this method to be profitable and give you money.
It is essential that what you recommend, be it physical or digital products, and is intimately related to the theme of your page and what you write on your blog.
Once you have this in mind, you should know that there are more and more companies that start up their own affiliate programs because of the enormous advantage that it takes for someone to advertise what they sell in exchange for giving them a part of each sale.
Tips to avoid scams in affiliate marketing
I have seen a lot of beginners enter the world of affiliate marketing and wonder if the program they are going to enter is reliable or is it just a scam. This usually happens especially in those systems where it is indicated that, to generate income, you have to get those people to become your affiliates too. That’s why I want to clarify that this is not affiliate marketing. Its name is actually ” pyramid scheme “, and in 95% of cases, they are usually scams.
Here are some tips to know if an affiliate program is a fraud or is completely legal.
- Real affiliate programs do not ask for money
If to enter an affiliate program they ask you to pay for the registration, or they ask you for a fee to pay each month, I’m sorry, but it’s a scam.
The registration to join as an affiliate to a company or brand is always free, and is the only one that should be paid if you make a sale; you do not have to pay anyone.
There is also no type of membership that you must pay to register in legitimate affiliate programs.
Also, do not trust those systems that tell you that in order to promote your products, you have to buy an already designed web page that they will sell to you.
If you find yourself in one of these situations, get away, because they are frauds to take your money.
- You will never get rich working 10 minutes a day
I have seen many people being scammed with programs in which they were selling tools, promising them that they would earn a lot of money with very little effort and work.
These tools are usually digital books, courses, or even schemes that claim to have the secret to earn $ 1,000 in a single day without working.
It is not true. That does not exist, nor is it real.
Recommendations to succeed with affiliate marketing
To be successful with affiliate marketing it is not enough just to follow the steps and the advice I have given you above. It is also important that you follow these recommendations:
- Recommend only products related to your theme
Okay, I know this is the third time that I repeat it in this article. But I would not do it if it was not important. You should recommend only products that are related to your website or blog. If you talk about cooking, recommend utensils, courses and ingredients related to food.
If you talk about cars, recommend online stores for car accessories or courses related to motoring. You know: articles RELATED to what you speak.
- Your credibility is the key
If you do not want to lose the confidence of your readers and your new visitors, the best thing is that you only promote products that you have tried, or that you know and know that they have a good quality.
You cannot promote products that you do not know anything about, and write articles saying how wonderful they are, because with that the only thing you will be doing is tricking people to get money.